Deborah Winterbourne; LLB; LLM; BSc; MA; MSc; qualified as a solicitor in 1991. Over the last twenty four years she has worked in a variety of different capacities, both in private practice and for human rights charities. She has wide experience of training and teaching and is currently a regular legal trainer for Refuge, Shelter and Solace Women’s Aid.
Does your organisation need up-to-date training in DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND THE LAW?
- Do you need a better understanding of family law, property rights, marriage, cohabitation and civil partnership?
- Do you know the law and procedure on injunctions (non-molestation orders and occupation orders) under the Family Law Act 1996?
- Do you know how to support a service-user to make an immigration application for indefinite leave to remain under the Domestic Violence Concession?
- Do you know what emergency housing rights are available to victims of domestic violence from local authorities under the Housing Act 1996 and the Homelessness Act 2002?
- Do you know about children and the law? Child Arrangements Orders and the role of Cafcass in the family courts especially in relation to domestic violence?
If training on any of the above might be helpful, then why not book a training from a solicitor on the roll experienced in all of these areas?
Deborah runs one or two day intensive law courses on domestic violence. Previous delegates have commented:
‘Excellent training, informative, accessible for those without a legal background and the use of case studies really helps to put theory into practical situations. I would recommend this to all agencies working with victims of domestic violence’. (Janet Frost, Manager, Northern Sunflower Centre, Corby.)
If you prefer, you can tailor the course to fit your own specific requirements. Just ask for what you need!
Costs: £750 per day at your place, plus trainer expenses where necessary.
Why not telephone or email Deborah to book a training, or to discuss your requirements:
This training is tailored specifically for DV organisations, voluntary organisations, CAB, health sector, police, local authorities and counsellors by a legally qualified and experienced trainer. The training will not be in legal jargon, but in simple easy to understand language.